When Poudre School District is not in session, we are in full swing! Let’s have some fun together!
Who Is Complete Equestrian Schools Out Camp for?
Our focus is on safety and having fun learning with our horses! We offer several different programs for our summer adventures!
- CIT (Counselor In Training) for ages 13-16 years is geared toward developing leadership skills, organization skills and confidence teaching horse skills and riding horses. These riders will also be working on their own personal equestrian skills and journey. We offer a 6:1 student to instructor ratio.
- Our Junior Rider program (ages 9-12 years) is geared towards learning confidence and equine knowledge on and off the horse. We love to help foster a deeper bond with horses. We want to instill a passion for the fun in horses. We offer a 4:1 student to instructor ratio.
- Our Young Riders program (5-8 years) is based on learning the skills that will boost their confidence and joy with horses. These younger people will have extra attention to help with their fine motor skills, balance and be coached with joy! We offer a 3:1 student to instructor ratio.
Daily Itinerary: 9am-4pm
|9-9:15||Drop off and Check In.|
Warm ups and Stretching.
|9:30-3:45||Rotations between riding, art, education, games and chores|
|3:45-4||Popsicle and Pick up|
Extended Hours: We do offer extended hours from 8 am- 5 pm for your convenience for $5/hour. If you need additional extended hours, please let us know of your specific needs!
What do we do at School’s Out Camp?
Riding and Vaulting
Safety is our number one goal. On the first day the campers will learn the safest ways to be around horses. Campers will have their own horse for the full week. They will get to learn how to work with the horses on the ground, tying, grooming and saddling. After this they are ready to ride! All campers are required to wear an ASTM certified riding helmet. Bike helmets cannot be used. We have several to use or you can bring your own. Campers must also wear long pants for riding and a boot with a heel. Campers will be taught based on ability level. Beginners are at a walk, intermediate at a walk and trot, and advanced at a walk, trot and canter. We will be teaching English, Western and Vaulting throughout the week. The campers can look forward to games, patterns, drill team and rail work in their lessons. After their ride, they get some more hands on horse time while they cool down, unsaddle and groom their horses.
Who knew chores could be so much fun? On a hot day it’s really fun to clean a water tank, or sit in the shade and polish bits and bridles. Campers will also help with turning horses out to pasture, cleaning stalls, bringing horses in from pasture and feeding their equine partners every day. This gives campers a chance to learn how much it really takes to care for their favorite animals.
There is way more to horses than riding, and we feel that it is so important to teach that. The campers will get to play games, get worksheets and do hands on activities. We have a different lesson plan for every day of camp, so there is always something new to learn!!
Campers will get to go home at the end of the day with an arts and crafts project that they made. The crafts are all horse related, fun and creative.
|Early Fall Session||September 16th, 2022- FULL WAITLIST ONLY|
|Early Fall Session||October 13th, 2022|
|Early Fall Session||October 14th, 2022|
Cost and Registration
|Junior Rider (9-12)||$89|
|Young Rider (5-8)||$96|
Weather can cancel camp if we are not able to ride that day. You will receive a full refund or credit on your account.
Check List for Camp
Please use this CHECKLIST to come prepared for camp!
Payment Information and Refund Policy
- We will send you an invoice from QuickBooks after you submit a registration request within 1-2 business days.
- Your space in camp is reserved when your registration is paid in full.
- For your tax purposes: Our EIN is 20-8406025.
- Payments: Please review of our methods of payment.
- REFUND POLICY: Camp is NONREFUNDABLE.
- There is an additional office fee of $30 for any changes made after 48 hours of your confirmed registration.