Summer Camp 2019
Who Is Complete Equestrian Horse Camp for?
Our focus is on safety and having fun learning with our horses! We offer several different programs for our summer adventures!
- CIT (Counselor In Training) for ages 13-16years is geared toward developing leadership skills, organization skills and confidence teaching horse skills and riding horses. These riders will also be working on their own personal equestrian skills and journey.
- Our Junior Rider program (ages 9-12 years) is geared towards learning confidence and equine knowledge on and off the horse. We love to help foster a deeper bond with horses. We want to instill a passion for the fun in horses.
- Our Young Riders program (5-8 years) is based on learning the skills that will boost their confidence and joy with horses. These younger people will have extra attention to help with their fine motor skills, balance and be coached with joy!
When is Horse Camp?
We offer something for you every day this summer! Just find what works best for your family, and let's have some fun!! Our camps are in session from 9am to 4pm Monday-Friday.
We do offer extended hours for $5/hour between the hours of 8am and 5pm for all of summer programs. Please let us know about your specific needs!
We offer a minimum of a 4:1 camper to instructor ratio, and our Young Riders benefit from even more one on one during their riding time. We fill up fast, so register early! We will regularly update our website with availability. Feel free to contact us with any questions!
2019 Summer Camps
*Availability updated on each levels registration form*
|Session 1: June 3rd-June 7th, 2019 |
|Session 2: June 10th - June 14th, 2019 |
|Session 3: June 17th - June 21st, 2019 |
|Session 4: June 24th- June 28th, 2019 |
|Session 5: July 1st - July 3rd, 2019 |
|Session 6: July 8th - July 12th, 2019 |
|Session 7: July 15th - July 19th, 2019 |
|Session 8: VAULTING! July 22nd - July 26th, 2019 |
|Session 9: July 29th - August 2nd, 2019 |
|Session 10: August 12th - August 16th, 2019 |
Daily Itinerary: 9am-4pm
|9am-9:15am ||Drop off and Check In. Warm ups and Stretching. |
|9:30-3:45 ||Rotations between riding, art, education and chores |
|12pm ||Lunch and Swimming |
|3:45pm-4pm ||Popsicles and Pick up |
Cost of Camp
The deadline for early registration rates is May 15th. Add $20 per session after May 15th.
We do offer extended hours for $5/hour between the hours of 8am and 5pm. Please let us know about your specific needs!
- Young Riders per session $405, per day rate $90, 10+ days $81/day
- Junior Riders per session $345, per day rate $75, 10+ days $69/day
- Counselor in Training (CIT) $280, per day rate $65, 10+ days $56/day
How to register for Full Week Horse Camp
How to register for Day Camp
- Please fill out the Registration Form for Day Camp
- For your convenience please print off the Check List and our Summer Handbook
- For you tax purposes: Our EIN is 20-8406025. For your convenience, online invoices can be sent when requested. Credit cards are accepted with a 3% service charge. To reserve your space for camp the session must be paid in full.
- REFUND POLICY: Camp is NONREFUNDABLE. If your reserved space is filled by another camper, we are able to offer a refund or a credit. There is an additional office fee of $20 for any changes.
- When your registration is received, you will receive an online invoice. Your space in camp is reserved with your payment.
Riding and Vaulting
Safety is our number one goal. On the first day the campers will learn the safest ways to be around horses. Campers will have their own horse for the full week. They will get to learn how to work with the horses on the ground, tying, grooming and saddling. After this they are ready to ride! All campers are required to wear an ASTM certified riding helmet. Bike helmets cannot be used. We have several to use or you can bring your own. Campers must also wear long pants for riding and a boot with a heel. Campers will be taught based on ability level. Beginners are at a walk, intermediate at a walk and trot, and advanced at a walk, trot and canter. We will be teaching English, Western and Vaulting throughout the week. The campers can look forward to games, patterns, drill team and rail work in their lessons. After their ride, they get some more hands on horse time while they cool down, unsaddle and groom their horses.
Lunch and Swimming
After riding we will enjoy lunch and swimming. We have a heated in ground pool with a slide! We also have many pool toys and floaties. This is fabulous on those hot summer days after a long ride. There is at least one instructor present pool side when children are at the pool. Safety is always top of our list!
Who knew chores could be so much fun? On a hot day it's really fun to clean a water tank, or sit in the shade and polish bits and bridles. Campers will also help with turning horses out to pasture, cleaning stalls, bringing horses in from pasture and feeding their equine partners every day. This gives campers a chance to learn how much it really takes to care for their favorite animals.
There is way more to horses than riding, and we feel that it is so important to teach that. The campers will get to play games, get worksheets and do hands on activities. We have over 30 lesson plans on hand, so there is always something new to learn.
Campers will get to go home at the end of the day with an arts and crafts project that they made. The crafts are all horse related, fun and creative.
Friday Horse Show
On Friday at 3pm you will be invited to a horse show! Along with a beautifully decorated horse, you will get to see how your child's horse skills have progressed. Be prepared for a Vaulting Show, followed by individual patterns, and a team drill as a grand finale!